Chef Stress

Chef Stress

 Last week developed a rash on my scalp, around my right face, forehead, back and feet, being a bloke I chose to ignore it but the wife had other ideas!

As my wife does with all family straight on the phone to the GP who then asks me to drop into surgery for a check over. During my talk with the GP its diagnosed as Psoriasis and signs me off for two weeks. In forty years of catering I've never had a sick note so passed on to the bosses in work, who more than likely called me a soft ass prick and should man up.

If you have boss like mine you'll understand me, this guy every second word would be fucking this fucking that....etc! a total bully and "Jackal and Hyde" hence why I feel like a sack of shit.

So whilst I'm chilling out at home I decided to look this up and see what's going on with my body! and this is what I found.

Is Being a Chef Stressful? Yes! A career in the culinary profession is a stressful endeavour that can lead to chef burnout – a real problem in the culinary workplace today. Psychologists define burnout as a syndrome resulting from unmanageable stress, exhaustion and negativism related to one's job. 

 A triggering event may cause a change in the immune system, resulting in the onset of psoriasis symptoms. Common triggers for psoriasis include stress , illness (particularly strep infections), injury to the skin, and certain medications.

 

How to Avoid Chef Burnout/

 

Its not weak to feel stressed and if you have the above symptoms get checked out.

Comments

Popular Posts